Thursday, March 22, 2007

First Blog; Jamie's Babies

Today is the first day of this blog. This may be an experiment gone totally wrong. I'm not sure yet. I just got turned on to blogs a couple of weeks ago and now I'm kind of hooked. You know how it goes, you always think, "I could do that!" Well, we'll see.

Yesterday the last of my pregnant ewes gave birth to twins. I must have just missed the blessed event. I had just gone out to feed and there she was in the barn, two babies in the straw and she still had the afterbirth stringing from her back end. We had a girl and a boy. This ewe's name is Jamie Lee, Jamie for short. She is a registered Dorset and was the Champion Dorset Breeding Ewe at the Kern County Fair for my daughter in 2004. (Thank you Ewephoric! Dorsets.)

The father of these lambs is a Dorper ram, named Perry. I named him that because last year I was going to get rid of all the sheep after that bunch of babies were born. After they were born I changed my mind. That is a womans' prerogative after all.

Eventually I will introduce you to all the animals and their stories. Meanwhile I will try to take some good photos to share. That is half the fun of this blogging business, I think.

The second picture is of a couple of curious sheep. The lamb is a two week old ram lamb that jumped on the straw bale and the other is one of Jamie's last year twin ewe lambs.

Okay, remember to be kind. I am pretty much computer illiterate so this may take a while before I get all this down, like posting the pictures and whatever.

Later!

1 comment:

M.T. said...

Yeesh, I didn't realize leaving a comment required registering a name. Anyhow, love your blog story. Yep, gophers are a pest. Pick me up some gopher repellant the next time you go to the store, OK? And keep on blogging........