Friday, April 27, 2007

The Birds and the Bees


Doves are supposed to be the representatives of peace. From what I know about them, they don't build very sturdy nests and they are very tasty when breasted, wrapped in bacon, and baked or bbq'ed.

Last year a pair of doves made a flimsy nest in my little wisteria covered pergola. They ended up raising at least three clutches, something I didn't know they could do. This year they are back.

I wish them great success. They need to be aware of the big blue jay that's been hanging around.


I also snapped a photo of these giant bees. I think the black one is a carpenter bee and I have no idea what the orangish one is. Though they don't seem very aggressive, they are big enough to be scary.

1 comment:

cirella said...

Hi Tina,
We saw lots of carpenter bees when we lived in St. Maarten. They would burrow into the palm trees. They never bothered us and I don't think they sting.

Loving your blogs!