Monday, April 23, 2007

The Lambs Have Lost Their Tails

All the lambs have lost their tails
and don't know what to do.
So they run and frolic all about
to the amusement of me and you.



racing lambs



Then they take a little rest
to nap, to drink, or nibble grass.
And suddenly they're off again.
They leap and race en masse.





All too soon the lambs grow up
to have babies of their own.
And so the cycle starts again.
The seeds of life are sown.



newly tailless butts










pretty tails all in a row


I found the last of the lamb's tails in the pen the other day. It kind of seems a shame not to do anything with them. I've been thinking of maybe marketing them with a game and calling it "Pin the Tail on the Lamb". No, actually I'm just kidding. I threw them away after I took this picture.

PS-My apologies for the bad poetry! Be ready for more in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wrote the original poetry? I'm actually impressed... though you always were quite talented...