Saturday, November 16, 2013

Giant Mistake


Last night I was happily going around and around on my latest afghan project. At one point I thought I'd lay it out to see how big it was getting, plus it seemed to be taking just a little too long to get to the next corner. Hmmm.

I laid it across the back of the sofa and... Uh oh!  How in the world did that happen???? I totally missed a corner. Way back. Way, way, WAAAAY back!!

Well there was no ignoring the mistake and no getting around it. It meant one thing. I was going to have to rip it all back. 

I think I counted at least 18 rounds that had to be undone. Not just rows, but since this is crocheted around and around it meant 18 rounds. Ugh. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to take it back because of the fuzziness of the yarn made it snag up every so often. I had to carefully unsnarl the mini tangles in order to not have to break the yarn and retie and make extra knots.

This is what the corner is supposed to look like.

This is what it looked like. I can't believe I didn't notice this sooner!

All ripped back and ready to start over. Only one break in the yarn. ;-) 

Well, I guess this will keep me busy a little longer than I thought, though not in the way I had hoped!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 words NOT in my vocabulary... rip it out!
I would have just said its suppose to look like that,
it drapes so nicely over the chair or it tucks under your legs so nicely and keeps you warmer!!
Pretty colors, that is going to be gorgeous, again!
Patti

Unknown said...

Tina---
Beautiful yarn!!
Sorry you had to rip it out.....I hate that when I'm sewing!
K