Sunday, March 23, 2014

Vicki's Afghan

My last afghan I made was another of the "Crocheted Shades". I made this one for my friend Vicki who recently bought a new house at the beach. Coincidentally it is also her birthday at the end of this week. 

I asked her what colors her new house was going to be and the answer was blues.

Just for a little contrast I added one shade of dark tan. It's Red Heart "Cafe Latte".

Though it looks in the photos like there are two blacks in reality there is a black and a dark blue with a shimmer. If you enlarge this picture you might see a little of that shimmer.

Anyway, Vicki loved the afghan and sent me this picture of it in her new house. You can see the colors are very close to the chair colors and she's got the blue samples going on the wall behind.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to have enough time off to go in person and see it in her house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I like the little square theme that it has.
Did they sell and buy a new beach house, or am I thinking of something else. If I could have an 'extra' home I would pick the beach too, so relaxing and beautiful scenery!!
I hope you do get some time off soon too!
Love,
Patti