Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Results Of Rough Housing

I mean rough play, not poor living conditions! The dogs must have been going at it last night. When we came in from our far back patio yesterday evening I noticed poor Gus's nose was swollen and had the skin scraped off. All I can figure is that he and Clyde, who loves to play rough with Gus, must have been playing. I've seen it before where they are running side by side biting at each other and then almost run into the fence or wall. This time it looks like Gus actually did run into the cement block fence or possibly the stucco on the house.

Ouch!

Hopefully it will heal up pretty quickly. I can't afford another trip to the vet, as I just paid $500. last week for Chester's rabies shot, Clyde's droopy ear yeast infection (very common with long eared dogs), and Ollie's shave job.

We don't have a Therapy Dog visit scheduled for this week, so that will also give his nose some time to heal before next week's visit. (I go every other week now to coincide with when I'm not watching my granddaughter, now that she's more active and mobile. It's just easier on me to not worry about washing Gus properly for our visits and still have to watch her.)

Those silly dogs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that made my stomach twist, OUCH! That is a pretty good scrap! He wasn't checking out the garbage disposal and Clyde clicked it on??
$500!! YIKES Why don't you have Pet Insurance? Or you being so good, couldn't you buy the vaccines and 'do it yourself' ???? When Duke would get his skin yeast infection, it would cost about $150. Go for it
Dr. Tina!!!
Patti

~M~ said...

Ouch! Poor dog, it looks as if he skinned it...oie! So raw...OUCH!!

Hope he gets better!!

~M~