Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Chicks Are Here!

My chicks were mailed on Monday. 

The last time I had chicks mailed I got a call bright and early and went to the post office to get them that morning.

This time I did not get an early morning call.  Tuesday morning I checked their status when on line and saw at 07:50 am they were in Portland.  I was disappointed but figured it would give me an extra day to get ready.

I had to leave for work on Tuesday at 1:30 pm.  At 1:15 I got a call from the Prineville Post Office saying my chicks had arrived.  Well, that was bad timing.  I didn't even have enough time to get them and bring them home, so I had to ask Hubby to pick them up and fix up the big box I brought from work the night before. 

It was the longest five hour shift ever!  And I did surprise a few customers with my tale of how I missed being able to pick up my chicks, blah blah blah.  Most of them were polite and professed their happiness for me.

The red heat light messes with the camera so I turned it off to take these photos.  Notice the funny top knot on this one.

Here's most of them.  I think I got an extra one or two.  It's hard to count them like this.

Only one is a bit droopy and looks like a runt.  I'll have to keep a close eye on that one.  Otherwise the rest of them look very good.

I'm off for three days now and it's giving me time to work on the coops and runs. I love it! :-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute!!
Have fun with your new babies!!
K

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I clicked on your blog to see if you had heard anything and they are there!!!
Let me know the names when you have them!!
Can't wait for the next set of pictures, they are so darn cute at this age, but am guessing lots of work too!
XOXOXOO
Patti