Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clean Up

Yesterday I didn't have to babysit, so it was a good chance for me to get some cleaning up done around the house and yard.

First I started with the house. A general straightening up, some laundry, and I vacuumed. Then it was time to go outside.

The pens are in need of cleaning so I started with the largest sheep pen. Perry has been separated now from the ewes and is in his own pen. The large sheep pen is divided in two: the yard part and the barn part. I started with the yard part.

Here you can see where I started to rake up some piles. In the background and on the left of the picture you can see how it's kind of dirty. First I rake up the piles, then I use a snow shovel to scoop them into a garbage can which is then dumped into our baby dumpster. (When we visited my brother in Illinois he pointed to a snow shovel and said "I bet you don't know what that is." I replied, "Sure, I do: it's a pooper scooper. That's what we use it for." It doesn't usually snow around our parts.)
And now you can see all the little sheep droppings and sticks and tufts of wool have been nicely cleared away. I still have to do the barn side and Perry's pen.
And since I was in the cleaning mode I went ahead and washed out the sheep's water tank. I have to do that from time to time because it gets all full of algae. If I were a sheep I'd rather drink out of a clean tub, wouldn't you? Here you can see where I've cleaned one side, and have yet to do the other.
And with all that I still even managed to get in a good 45 minutes on my treadmill! I love it when I have a productive day.

No comments: