Friday, November 27, 2009

After The Fact

Here's a couple of pictures from our Thanksgiving.

My turkey turned out quite well, if I say so myself!
Here's my plate. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls, and shrimp/crab tomato aspic. (I'll give the recipe for the aspic next week.) Notice anything missing? (There's nothing green on the plate.)
I had made a 24 hour salad but since some potential guests ended up not coming we decided we had quite enough food. And since I forgot to make the salad the night before and actually made it Thanksgiving Day morning we decided to let the salad go for the whole 24 hours. (We had it tonight and it was very good.)

I had to include a couple of pictures of the baby, of course. She had eaten already and we were still getting our food ready so we had to occupy her some how. We set up the computer so she could see it, clicked on and turned on SpongeBob SquarePants.
It just cracks me up how mesmerized she was!
It's obvious that she loves SpongeBob.

Today Grampa babysat while Carli, my sister, and I went for a horseback ride. Roberta, the owner of the stable, took our picture for her blog. Click here to see.

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday weekend too.


Anonymous said...

That looks like a great dinner! I can't wait for your Aspic recipe, I have been thinking about since I talked to you!! That is a great ad for Apple, one satisfied customer, their is that sweet smile! I printed the one in the trunk, too cute.
Good picture of you three riding too.

~M~ said...

I checked out the picture of the three of you out riding! What a beautiful horse you have! (They all are!) How did they heal up after the kicking they did to each other?

Your turkey looks delicious. Do you do anything special with it? My dad puts his in a brine I think overnight, then smokes it. Turns out absolute delicious (My very favorite way!!) I should have made a turkey yesterday, but I didn't want to do it while the hubby was out of town again. I had bought one to make him once he got back (since he missed the Canadian Thanksgiving) but haven't made it yet and he's back to work out of town again. :ol Guess it will have to be for Christmas (I sure hope it's good still in the freezer).


Anonymous said...

Hi ~M~
I'm not sure quite what happened, but the horses are all rideable again, thank heavens!


tina f. said...

Thanks, ~M~! As my sister said, everything is healed up now and they seem to have made a truce. Or at least decided on who's the boss! As for the turkey I did nothing special, just let it come to room temp, then sprayed with Pam, salted the inside and out, stuffed with stuffing and put it in the oven at 325ยบ until the thingie popped out. Because I forgot to get a new thermometer (our two old ones broke) we tested the turkey's doneness by wiggling the drumstick and using the finger poke test. My husband knows how that works better than I do. I've heard the brined turkeys are really good but have never tried it. If your turkey is in the freezer it will be good, just remember to take it out in plenty enough time to defrost before you want to cook it, but I'm sure you already know that! ( I'm sorry your husband had to be gone.)

~M~ said...


My Mother-In-Law has to cook such a huge turkey since she has so many family members over for the holidays. This Thanksgiving her turkey took longer than planned by like and hour (she timed it by the lb, but the "drumstick wiggle" proved it wasn't done

Thanks for the info on how you did yours. I will have to do some reading on the subject before I attempt. Kyle will be home close to the 20th so I think I'll do it close to then.

~MT and Tina~

Glad the horses are all "friendly" now. It's never good when you have to deal with vet bills and animals (especially the large animals) that won't get along. I had to get rid of a dog because of that.

Take care!