Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Cold

I'm sure by eastern states standard it's shirtsleave weather here, but for us it's rather nippy.

This is a picture from just a couple of days ago, looking out toward the ponds. It was in the morning and you can see the fogginess in the background. I kind of like those days, so long as either #1: the fog burns off by noon; or #2: it's a burn day. In this case it was not a burn day so we couldn't have our cozy fire, but at least the fog did burn off.
Yesterday we had a great storm blow in. It was glorious. The wind was blowing, the rain was pouring, and it was a burn day. The sun is shining today and all is calm but there are big puffy clouds in the sky and it looks a little ominous to the north.

We got our tree Sunday and I just have the lights up now. I'll try and put the ornaments on later today. I still haven't done a lot of Christmas shopping, though the out of town folks have been taken care of. I still have to do my cards. The house is a mess and the never ending laundry is piling up again.

I guess I better go now and try and get something done before this day is totally shot.

I'll end with this eucalyptus blossom. Funny how they're blooming at this time of the year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time we get thick fog we always say we feel as if we're in Bakersfield.

Stay warm and hope you can get that fire this weekend!

Beautiful flower.

LC

~M~ said...

Wow, that is a BEAUTIFUL flower! My African Violets tend to bloom a lot in the winter here for some reason too, but they pale in comparison to that neat flower. Great pictures! Stay warm and cozy!

~M~

Anonymous said...

It was 31 when I was trying to get the pup to poop, crunchy lawn! And how lucky those "out of town" people are!!!!
Patti

Valerie said...

I think this is my favorite flower picture ever!!!!

Beautiful!