Sunday, December 22, 2013

Leftover Yarn

You may have seen the Fed Ex commercial where Grandma has made a bunch of "cozies" and sent them to her family. I figured Clyde needs a cozy but maybe not quite as dramatic as the one she made for the family's wirehaired pointer (I love that even his tail is covered like a sleeve). 

I certainly don't have that kind of talent but I thought I'd give it a go. I have a bunch of leftover yarn from my various crocheting projects and used some. Every so often I'd call Clyde over for a "fitting" to see how I was doing. The only thing I didn't do was put the buttons on. I fastened instead with safety diaper type pins.

Look how happy he is! He just loves it. Okay, maybe not. I guess it needs a little more work...

And here is the colorful yarn eater blanket I finally finished. I think the varigation is making it look kind of off.

But here I took a picture without the flash. You can see the texture better and it looks more even. In any case I am not going to rip it out and redo! (PS-It's draped on a queen size bed.)

And just for laughs I took a picture of a sign I made at work.  Caligraphy is definitely not my strong suit! Probably why they don't ask me to make signs. (The regular sign making people were off.)

I started my vacation today and all I can say is YIPPEEE! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Vacation first of all!!
I don't know I think you can add dog cozy to your resume!! That is pretty darn cute, and I bet he will
love it when he is outside!!
Can't believe what a difference a flash makes, you can really see the detail in the non-flash, and it is HUGE!!
Enjoy your time off!!
XOXOOXOXO
Patti