Friday, February 8, 2008

Organic Lawnmowers

On one side of our house we have a little used area we call the dog run. I had built a little dog house but they didn't appear to like it. They would only go in with lots of coaxing (ie: food treats and lots of pushing). But that doesn't matter, because like I said we hardly ever use it anyway. About the only time the dogs are banished to the side is if we have a lot of people over that they don't know, like at Carli's baby shower.

There's only one little portion of grass and the rest is all sandy. Since no one ever goes back there the sandy portion has turned to tall weeds. My husband was going to spray RoundUp but he saw the tortoise out of her hole so he didn't.

I got the sheep and put them on the side for a few hours. I know it's not too clear in the pictures so you'll have to trust me when I say the weeds had been about a foot tall (especially on the other side of the dog house).

And now the weeds are at ground level.


Just doing my part to stay "green".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your sheep :)