Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Stuff Arrives

For Christmas Wil wanted a new snowboarding outfit, something that would match his board. Actually he wanted a new board but I said no. At my request he wrote down all the things he wanted with model, color, and size.

Turns out I would have been better off buying him a new board after all. He requested new jacket and pants from Burton's Shaun White Collection. He also needed new boots as the last ones he had were from a few years ago and he's at least a full size bigger now. And we had to add new matching beanie and gloves.

I delayed shopping as long as I thought I could get away with it and went to the store the week before Christmas. They had the boots and beanie, but nothing else. They didn't carry the right kind of gloves. The jacket and pants were ordered with the hope that they would arrive in about one week. No promises were made because of the late order and the holiday shipping schedules, etc. At home I found the gloves on line and hastily ordered them. They arrived in about three days.

Finally yesterday the jacket and pants came in to the store and we went to pick them up. Maybe I should have ordered them on line as well!
The one concession I made him accept was that the beanie was reversible. I told him it was in case he crashed in the woods then he could turn the cap inside out so the rescue people could find him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND you are packing some flares in his pack! What happened to the neon colored wear?? Glad it all arrived just in time for a pre-school trip?
Patti

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is the last thing he would want to hear from his mom's friend, but he looks adorable! LOVE the hat!