Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nigeria

Neighbor Dean is currently working in Nigeria. This is his second trip there, working for an oil company repairing engines and the like. The first time he went was for about three months, then he had about a two month break. Now he's back probably for about a month and a half.

While there he's been taking a few photos and he's given me permission to post them here on my blog.

He's in an area that is surrounded by very dense jungle.
One of his coworkers took this picture of Dean.
Wild pineapple.
Jungle hut.
Dean and his Nigerian coworkers often eat at the "Bush Bar". This is outside of the compound where they work and live. This is the "kitchen".
Dean's favorite meal there. Goat soup!
A lady on the road.
This guy was picking the wild pineapples in the jungle to sell in the city.

Tomorrow... some of the colorful wildlife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear more about the food, I would have to pass on the Goat Soup though! Or just don't tell me!
Patti

~M~ said...

Wow, what neat pictures from your friend Dean! I find it so interesting! Thanks for sharing too!

~M~