Friday, January 1, 2010

Blue Moon

As most of you probably already know, last night was a "blue moon". I thought it would be too cloudy to take a picture but it did clear up a bit and I went out to try and get a picture.

I couldn't remember what the settings were to take a decent picture and I didn't feel like taking the time to get it really right. Let's just blame it on laziness and poor planning. The best I could come up with was this one.
Another problem I had was I couldn't find the tripod. Before I took the above photo I took these below. Not real sharp, I admit.
So I thought I'd have some fun playing around with the editing feature on my laptop. This one almost looks like it's at the beach!
Blue sky.
This was a shot I was messing around with in the camera, trying to make a double exposure of the good moon shot with the tree shot. It didn't work. I'll learn how to do that one of these days.
Some people just have a natural instinct for taking brilliant pictures. They know how to compose the shot and fix all the settings without a lot of thinking. I'm not one of those people. I have to think too hard about the settings so I usually leave it on "automatic".

My son has a friend who is like that. Her camera is similar to mine but believe me, her pictures are amazing! I'm jealous.

Oh well. I have fun anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to print and frame that first picture, I know cameras can do all sorts of fancy things but that 1st picture is lovely!
Patti

~M~ said...

Now that is an amazing picture! I am totally impressed. I have no clue how you got it so perfect. I can only dream of a moon shot like that! I am assuming you use a digital camera, but I have yet to get my camera to do anything of worth after dark. Your picture is so wonderful! Good work!

~M~