Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chocolate Eggs

My marans chickens have laid their first eggs!
Pretty cool, huh? The reason they are so shiny is because I just washed them and they were still wet.
I found these this morning so I haven't had a chance to try one out. I'm sure they'll taste just like a regular egg. Wouldn't it be neat if they were chocolate inside? HA HA. (I did make a chocolate egg once. Blow the egg out and fill with melted chocolate--simple! Later when it's dried you can peel it and it's chocolate inside! Good for Easter.)

My Saturday is off to a great start. This afternoon my sister in law and one of her daughters will be here from Illinois and then we, along with my daughter and my sister that lives here (mt--the cheesemaker) will be going out to dinner for sushi!

Hope you all have a great day too!

No comments: