Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stormy Weather

I had planned on getting the cow preg-checked but for one reason or another never got to it. After checking the calendar and looking at her though it looks to me like she is pregnant.
If my notes are correct then she should be due any time between February and April. I may be wrong, and I have been wrong before, but I'm guessing sooner rather than later. This is her with her last year's calf, taken just a few days ago (between storms).
And speaking of storms, we have actually been getting some rain.
We really need the rain, so it's a good thing. It does make a mess of the pens though. We've been having to clean the tumbleweeds out every couple of days.
Yuckiness!
As I'm sitting here the wind chimes are going crazy and the trees are bending back and forth from the wind. It's not raining yet, but that's coming again too.

It's a good day to stay inside and read a good book!

No comments: