Monday, April 5, 2010

Growing Garden

Things are happening in the garden!

Several of the tomato plants have blossoms.
Tiny green bell peppers.
And Sante Fe Grande chili peppers.
Carrots are coming up.
Swiss chard is coming up.
Notice the crack in the earth at the top of this picture. That's Yukon Gold potatoes coming up. Pay no attention to the weeds at the bottom of the picture!
Peas.
We decided to plant two artichoke plants on a whim.
Even the grapes are growing very well right now.
And finally our sweet basil. It really seems to do well in the tubs. Sure makes it easy! I can almost taste the pesto now!
If you live in a colder climate, then I'm sorry. I hope this doesn't torture you too much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Love that last line...How did you know I was going to complain about how we can't plant yet? LOL Probably b/c I do it every year?

Happy growing!
LC

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! Did you ever get your 'special' tomatoes? My poor plants have been in and out of dirt twice courtesy of the pup, hopefully they will make it, but are struggling a bit! Your plants that look like mine in by the end of May, by then you will be canning!!
Patti

~M~ said...

Ugh...I'm so jealous too! As I scrolled down through the picture I got more and more jealous...then the artichoke plants just put me over the edge...lol. I sooo wish I could grow artichokes. I may just have to look into growing them in our climate.

I am so glad you are getting great weather and that your garden is growing so well! We've got good weather, but I am still a little afraid of a possible sneak attack of delayed winter. We'll just have to see.

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. They are great and make me look forward to when I can start my planting!

~M~

Anonymous said...

R U kidding me! Today we had rain, wind, hail and snow! Oh yes, a bit of sunshine mixed in. 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. Am I jealous? Heck yes, but your beautiful pictures give me hope!
N