I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
This week I worked on painting and cleaning the other two bedrooms (the middle room--Carli moved into a studio rental earlier, and Wil's room).
Wow, what a job that was!
Since the middle room wasn't too bad, and Wil's room was horrible (!) I'm going to show the before, during and after of his room.
This is the before, showing the south wall. Yes, there is no closet door.The east wall.
The north wall. Notice the "graffitti". That is not a sticker. It is drawn on the wall with marker pens (not with my approval or knowledge, by the way).
Here is the northeast corner prior to starting. You can see my new spray painter in the lower left corner. I took the crown molding down.
I've taken everything off the ceiling fan and covered it with a garbage bag prior to spray painting the ceiling.The graffitti covered with primer.
And now the finished room. This is the northeast corner.
The north wall.
The south wall. There still aren't any closet doors but they will be going back up soon.
It took me an entire afternoon to scrub the tile floors clean, one tile at a time. The problem with them was that they are a porous type of tile. I'm not sure I'd ever use those type again. I had put that up a long time ago and since I didn't really know what I was doing it never looked very professional.
And may I just say I love my new sprayer. I decided to take the plunge and splurge on buying a nice mid-range sprayer. It's a Graco Magnum X7, the model just under the "professional" model. The reason I decided to buy rather than rent was because it costs $90 to rent. My plans were to spray the ceilings in the two bedrooms and the hallway. We also need to spray the underside of the patio and we can use the sprayer to do the stain on the wood siding on the front of the house. I knew we wouldn't be able to do it all in one day. Plus, we can always use it in the future. Three more sprayings and it will have basically paid for itself.
One thing I would do differently would be that with the "popcorn" ceilings I would spray paint the walls first, then tape them off and do the ceiling. As it was I sprayed the ceilings, then realized it would be too difficult to tape off the uneven surfaces and I ended up rolling the walls afterwards.
A roof guy came by and said it would cost about $350 to do some minor repairs and get a 2 year roof guarantee. And the best news so far was a termite guy came by and said he did not see any signs of termites. YAY!!!
Slowly, but surely, things are getting done. Besides scrubbing the walls in the front bathroom and kitchen there are just some minor things to do inside (closet doors in Wil's room, paint the back of one door, sand and varnish the back of another door, clean mini blinds) and after that it should be fairly easy to maintain.