Friday, September 14, 2012

Cleaning The Freezer

Our freezer and refrigerator that we kept in our garage has basically been out of commission for about two years now.  Not that they are broken, but they have been in storage for a year and then sitting in the garage at our new house for about a year.

I finally got to the icky chore of cleaning out the freezer.  When I opened it there was mold and mildew.


The actual cleaning wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I sprayed the entire insides with bleach and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then I took a soapy rag and washed it out, then rinsed with the hose.  I let it dry overnight and now it looks as good as new!


Eventually I guess I'll have to get to the extra fridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That looks like a brand new freezer! I just love having a back up. Doug goes to Costco for me, he is able to stick to the list and not come home w/ a 4 lb tub of seafood dip! So we get all our meat and suck vac it. When you do the math it adds up to about $5 a meal in meat! So more freezer space is a good thing!
Patti