A new home made side table, that is.
I made a little table to go between two of the red Adirondack chairs that are still by the front door. Son Wil has a smoke out there on occasion so that's a good spot for the ashtray.
For the longest time the table was just plain and then I got the urge to make it a little nicer looking. I haven't done any mosaics for a long time and no tiling since the message center board. I had some of the tiny irridescent tiles left over from that project and thought I'd give it a whirl on the side table.
I bought a few gray tiles from work and cut them into three pieces to make them fit evenly on the top. I don't have a tile saw anymore so I used my rotozip with a dry cutting circular disk. In order to make the tiny tiles fit flush with the bigger tiles I had to cut a channel. At first I tried using a tile bit, but that caused the edges to chip and was taking forever. I was also afraid it would make the tiles break.
I was getting a little frustrated but then thought I'd try the tile disk again and see how that worked. Being very careful I was able to cut a shallow channel for the little tiles. It worked perfectly. I finished up with the dark charcoal grout I had from the message board and voila! it was done.