In late May the secretary of the Bracco Italiano Club of America (of which I'm a member) asked me if I would be willing to crochet something for the upcoming annual meeting. I had done an afghan for her a while ago and I guess she thought I knew what I was doing.
She said she wanted just something basic like the Italian flag. That sounded pretty easy so I said I would do it. Of course all my pattern books and hooks are in storage right now but a hook doesn't cost much and I have internet access to get a few ideas. Just to be authentic I got the proportions and got started. Did you know country's flags come in different proportions, they are not all 1:2 like the Italian flag. For example the American flag is 1:1.9.
I decided to go with the basic moss stitch or granite stitch. I did it before when I did the three yarn afghan. It's fast and easy.
I didn't work on it every day and I actually had to start over three times! First I didn't do the edges right and I ended up decreasing on the ends. I pulled it out to where it looked right and started over. That was about line 20, at least half of what I had already done. Then the tension wasn't right. I kept thinking I could block it but after continuing for several more rows I knew I would have to make it right.
So I ripped it all out and started from scratch. I think I finally got it right.
Clyde looks good, doesn't he! Oh, and the blankie doesn't look too bad either. :-)
Not a bad door prize, if I say so myself.