Saturday, July 18, 2015

Flying Machines

Today was a little car and plane show is going on at the Roseburg Regional Airport.


It's called Wings & Wheels 2015, featuring classic cars and planes. Here's a link from the airport web site.  

Confession time. I'm not a big fan of air shows or car shows so it doesn't really mean anything to me. I stayed home and Hubby took all these photos.

This is an air tractor 802F. The same plane as a crop duster only this one is set up differently. You can see it's set up for landing on water with the pontoons.

A Douglas DC-3.

A Bell UH-1 helicopter.

Another view.

The same thing only with a different paint job.

I guess he wasn't so excited about the cars either, since he didn't take any photos of them. He's more into helicopters first and then the planes. I don't know if I ever mentioned it before but he does know how to fly a helicopter. He took lessons long, long ago but never finished due to time/money issues. 

Not really much of a show but something to do for a bit on a hot afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What he never went to look to see if they had some cool Mustangs!! Then again I just love Muscle Cars, always have, even my kids could point out a fine '71 Nova at the age of 5!
I can't believe you found "The Cave"!!! Such an adventure, but as I said before, I have NO huevos, and you could not pay me to crawl inside there, gate is there for a reason. But, I have a feeling you will be asking for that key!!
XOXOOXOXO
Patti