Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Listing...

The two ram lambs left for sale. This picture doesn't have anything to do with the story. They are just cute!

Obviously time management is not my best suit. If I want to get anything significant done I need to make a list. Heck, if I go to the grocery store and I need more than three items, I'd better have a list. Now, if I go to the store without a list, I may come back with more than three items, but I'll probably have forgotten at least one of the things I originally went for. And there's nothing wrong with having a list of four items and coming back with all four plus eight more.

Since I am not working outside of the home you'd think I have more time than I know what to do with. Lately it seems like I never have enough time. I know, I tend to dilly dally in the morning. It's my own fault, really. I like to read the paper, drink some coffee, and catch up with my favorite blogs. I really hate it when the ones I read on a regular basis (my favorites) don't have anything new for a whole week.

Anyway, by the time I'm done with the computer it's time to feed the animals and water the garden and pick up the dog potties. Before I know it, it's 11:45 and almost lunch time. Heaven help me if I have to go out for a chore. Should I have lunch first or after? That gives me less than three hours to Dr. Phil. In the middle of that I have to pick up my son from school. Then it's either Montel or Oprah, depending on the subject matter.

I'm beginning to understand why my favorite blog authors don't post a new blog every day. There are other things to tend to. This week I had hoped to get started on my milking stand. I had hoped to blog about raising rabbits, and maybe one about the tortoise. Those things will have to wait until later.

Our family reunion/vacation in Shasta is at the end of this week and I've been making lots of lists about that. Food we're making, groceries to buy, things to bring, food to make to bring, find someone to feed the animals, make a list to give the feeder of what and how to feed, etc etc.

So I guess what I'm saying is don't expect much this week. I'm busy making lists.

No comments: