Thursday, May 3, 2007

Today is a Good Day

Today turned out to be a good day.

07-03


First off I sold two lambs. 07-03, one of Ewenice's boys, went to a girl who was going to use him as her new ram next year. Then five minutes later she came back and bought Holy Holly (07-04), Jamie's ewe lamb. The girl had called a friend who had been looking for possibly something for the table. When she told her friend what I had the friend said to buy the ewe lamb. That way if they don't eat her, they can use her as a brood ewe!

07-04 aka Holey Holly


Then I was able to get all the papers together that I needed so Prince, the Irish Dexter bull calf, could go home next week. I had called a vet* a couple of days ago and explained to his answering service that I needed a health certificate for him since he would be leaving the state. They talked to the vet who said he would call me back when he was done with whatever procedure he was doing. He didn't.

I called my horse vet who I've used for many years, but had no need for lately (that's meant in the best way). He called me back within 20 minutes. I told him what I needed. This morning he looked at the calf and gave me the health certificate.

The next step was the brand inspection. I had called the main brand inspector guy who told me I would have to take the calf to one of the big auction places on Monday or Tuesday. The only problem with that was the calf was supposed to be leaving Monday or Tuesday. Then I remembered the auction yard where I usually bring my animals if they don't sell as soon as I'd like. They sell cattle on Thursdays. Today is Thursday. A brand inspector would have to be there.

Prince

I called the yard and they told me they usually have Julie and she most likely would be there from 1:30 to 2:00. So I loaded Prince into the trailer and headed out that way. Sure enough, I found Julie and she completed the paper work I would need to give to Prince's new owner.

And let's not forget that today is my mother in law's birthday!

Today is a good day!


*My previous veterinarian passed away last year.

No comments: