Friday, May 4, 2007

Same Old, Same Old

Today was one of those days where I felt like I was taking one step forward and two steps back. I woke up full of plans for the day. I had to put the new wire fence up around the sheep. The old one was removed a few days ago. They tend to get a bit saggy and snaggy. I wouldn't want any of the sheep to hurt themselves on a loose wire.

I also needed to go to one of the feed stores and replace the ad taken down by the girl that bought the two lambs yesterday. While I was there I was planning on buying a new halter for Prince, since he's outgrown his current halter. It would be a nice to send him home with a new halter next week.

I needed to practice the obedience lessons with Clyde. I needed to take my supposed to be daily 30 minute walk. The front lawn needed to be mowed. My husband's meds were ready to be picked up at the pharmacy. Put the lamb checks in the bank. Finish the last load of laundry, fold it, put it away and get it all off the dining room table.

I started the day as usual. I woke up, fed Clyde (he still gets fed twice a day), checked my blood sugar, made coffee, had breakfast and read the paper while the Today Show was on. Matt Lauer was at Cape Hope. Another beautiful shot.

Wil, my son, woke up and had breakfast, then got ready for school. I slipped on my third and last pair of unchewed flip flops, put my sweat jacket on and drove Wil to school. Enroute he informed me school let out early today. Usually the school calls the day before early outs to let us know, but sometimes they don't. This was one of those times they didn't. School let out at 12:39 today. That might make for a glitch in my plans, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I got home and poured some more coffee. Usually I get on the computer and check e-mails, other blogs, and maybe start working on my blog. I do this until 9:30 or 10. Then it's time to get dressed and feed the animals. I filled everyone's water, watered the garden, and set the sprinkler on a dry area. I covered the hay because it was kind of overcast and breezy.

On the way in to the house I picked up the dog potties. As I was walking in the door I heard my cell phone beeping, indicating a text message. It was Carli. Could I call the school and allow her to leave early so she could get money to pay for her cap and gown for graduation. I texted her back and said I would swing by the school to pay for it myself.

Next I decided to mow the front lawn before it rained, if it rained. It sure looked like it was going to. By the time I got done with that it was about 11:45. Time to go to Carli's school.

The cap and gown issue was taken care of (originally she wasn't going to attend the ceremony so I guess she changed her mind). I swung by the bank and deposited the checks. Time enough to go the pharmacy. I lingered a bit over the mother's day cards. Should I get a mushy one or a funny one? I got a funny one. My husband's medications were picked up and I went to Wil's school to pick him up. I got there with five minutes to spare.

We got home and I needed to eat something. So I had my Nutrisystem lunch bucket and a salad and Wil took off down the street to meet up with his buddies. I knew I really needed to do my exercise because I didn't do it yesterday. It's too easy to make an excuse and I really want to be good about this. After lunch I went for my walk around the ponds which takes about 35 minutes, depending on the route I take. I finished the walk and found my husband inside the house taking a break from work. We sat for a while and then he left to go back to work. It was just after 3:00 already! For some reason I was tired so I thought it would be a good time for a nap.

Some how I slept until 4:30. I woke up with a sinus headache. Ugh. It's probably from the wind blowing all the dust around. I remembered we have a glut of eggs. I wanted to make something that wouldn't be too bad for me if I had just a wee bit. My favorite cake came to mind: Angel Food Cake. The good news is it uses 12 egg whites. The bad news is now I have to figure out what to do with 12 egg yolks!

I'm typing this as the cake is cooking. It doesn't take long, only 40 minutes and it's done.

angel food cake


Now it is already time to feed the animals their evening meal. I don't think I got half of the things done that I had planned on.

Well sometimes that's just the way it goes. The laundry can wait until tomorrow. So can the feed store. Clyde is a good dog and I'll give him a break tonight. The sheep fence is not a big deal, not until the next babies are born which won't be for many months since they haven't been bred back yet.

The main thing I'm happy about today is that I got my walk in. I think I'll go feed now and then join my husband at the chiminea, perhaps with a glass of vino, after I take a sinus pill.

Have a good weekend, all!

animals waiting to be fed, hubby waiting under mimosa tree by the chiminea

No comments: