Wednesday, November 5, 2008

On We Go

For better or worse we got what we got. So we do the best we can and keep on keepin' on.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Perry is now in the third and last rotation with the girls. He's now gone through green, then red, and now he's wearing blue. They all got marked with the green during the first session. Then only 3of4 was marked during the red rotation. So far, none have been marked with the blue.

That is a good thing which hopefully means they are all pregnant now. So if my calculations are close it means we can start expecting lambs towards the end of February 2009.

In reality the blue is supposed to be worn for another week. The marks were made early in the cycles so I'm convinced Perry did his duty. I think I'll go ahead and switch him with Baby so he'll be in the single pen and she'll be back with her fellow ewes. That way I can also remove his mask and hang it up until the next breeding season.

I also noticed I have a few repairs to make to the fencing, both for the sheep and the cows. Carli and her family are going to AZ to visit GaGa starting this Thursday so if the weather holds that would be a good time for me to get busy. I'll have four whole days in a row with NO BABYSITTING! I'd better start making my list of things to do now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red and Green - Christmas!

Busy, busy! May you accomplish all to your great satisfaction.

Love, M