Friday, November 14, 2008

Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes

NOTE: The recipe has been corrected from when I first posted. Originally it called for a small can of pumpkin but has been changed to 1 cup canned pumpkin. Also, when filling the paper cups they can be filled almost to the top, more than the 3/4 as I did here.



Thanksgiving is just around the corner. One of my SILs passed this recipe around. It combines two of my favorite things: cheesecake and pumpkin pie. She said she got it from a magazine but can't remember which one and she may have tweeked it just a bit. It's really simple and uncomplicated, and fast to make too.

To make it you will need: 18 paper baking cups; 18 gingersnap cookies; 12 oz. softened cream cheese; 3/4 C sugar; 1 T corn starch; 1 t pumpkin pie spice (I don't have pumpkin pie spice and usually just add my own ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg); 2 eggs; 1 (small) can pumpkin 1 cup canned pumpkin; and 1/3 C light corn syrup.

First off you will need to preheat the oven to 325°. Then beat the cream cheese, corn starch, and spice(s) until well mixed.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Then add the pumpkin and corn syrup and beat one minute. NOTE: Pictured is a large can of pumpkin. I used half of it because I didn't have a regular sized can.

Put the baking cups in a muffin pan with a gingersnap cookie at the bottom of each paper cup. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the cups. Bake in the preheated 325° oven 30 to 35 minutes until set.

Garnish as desired. My choice of course is whipped cream! PS-You can leave it in the paper cup but if you take it out (as in the first photo at the top) it is easier to garnish after it's removed.
INDIVIDUAL PUMPKIN CHEESECAKES (via my SIL and unknown source)
  • 18 paper baking cups
  • 18 gingersnap cookies
  • 12 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 3/4 C sugar
  • 1 T corn starch
  • 1 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 C canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 C light corn syrup

Preheat oven to 325°.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, corn starch, and spice until well mixed.

Add eggs and blend well.

Add pumpkin and corn syrup. Beat one minute.

Put baking cups in a muffin pan with gingersnap cookie in each cup. Pour mixture into the cups. Bake 30 - 35 minutes until set. Garnish as desired.

****************
I just learned how to make the "degree" symbol! While holding the "alt" key, type "0176" without the quotations. When you let go of the alt key the degree symbol will appear! ☺ And to make the smiley face in my posts I hold the alt key and type "1". ☺ Hee hee! ☺

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMmmmm! Looks delicious.

You are just too creative, and too clever! [Not to whine and snivel here, but Why can't some of that talent (not the cake, alhtough I wouldn't mind that either] rub off on me? After all, we're family!)

Love, M

Anonymous said...

That one sounded so good, and thank you for doing it with pictures! I am making this one for sure! Loved the portion control too! Not that I won't eat one over the sink before bed!!!
KISSES and HUGS to someone special tomorrow!!!!
XOXOXOXO
Patti