Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday Party Pics

I used to get annoyed when grandparents talked incessantly about their grandkids and whipped out the photos. I'd press my lips together in a pretend smile and feign interest. "Oh, how nice," I'd say, while inside I was thinking Please somebody save me!

It's difficult to explain. I once overheard a woman telling her friend about her grandchildren. She said, "The grandkids are easier to love because I can love them and spoil them and then give them back to their parents!"

Now I've become one of those people.

We had a small celebration for my granddaughter's first birthday yesterday and of course I had to take a dozen pictures. Or 25 to be exact. But I picked out just a few and here they are.

First we had dinner. BBQ'd chicken, potato salad, and french bread two ways. We were going to have asparagus but it seems it had been in the fridge a tad longer than I thought.

Then came the birthday cake. The candle is recycled from her cake she had when she went to see her great grandma in AZ. (This is party number two!)
You know what's coming next! The ubiquitous photos of the cake all over. But what fun!

YUMMY!
We're having fun now!
And see how thoughtful she is? She's sharing with the dogs.
Don't worry. I know chocolate isn't good for dogs so they only got one spoonful.

Then came the shower in the kitchen sink. Unfortunately I didn't realize the camera had focused on the faucet!
Today she is off for her THIRD party at her daddy's relatives in Lemoore.

She's a lucky girl to have so many people that love her so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So SWEET! She is such a QT.

Happy 1st birthday, Siena.

Love AL

Anonymous said...

What a happy little face she always has, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time too. Hope she was prepared for a third cake!! Tell Carli to save the candles, its pretty cool to have that #1 on their 21st birthday!! (you just have to light and blow fast!)
Next on your agenda, I want an animal head count! Is that a birdie behind Siena??
Love to all,
Patti

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIENA!

What a wonderful, joyful (second) 1st Birthday celebration!

It's easy to love that little one!

I LOVE her!

I LOVE YOU, too,

M

Anonymous said...

Adorable. And, it's YOUR blog, so you can talk all you want about her! Go for it! Only 25 photos though? Come on, next time take at least 100!