Thursday, August 27, 2009

Teach 'Em While They're Young

I figure that if I'm babysitting for free I may as well get some free labor, one way or the other. In order to get started in that direction you have to teach the kids how to do it when they are really young, something I failed to do when my own kids were this age. Live and learn.

So under the guise of "fun" and "helping Gramma" we start off with the laundry. Here is the baby taking the stuff out of the dryer and putting it into the basket. You'll notice she gets every last piece out, even if she has to climb partially in to get it.
The last piece is out.
Now we she takes the stuff out of the washer and puts it into the empty dryer.
Yeah, sometimes it takes a while.
But eventually it will all be transferred. It doesn't matter if some is dropped onto the floor.


Now to wait for the next cycle.

Maybe in another six months she won't even need any supervision! ☺

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if you got her two Ove-Gloves she
can then take on ironing!! I think a little
cleaning outfit too, I see her in a 'kerchief
on her head!!
Patti

~M~ said...

She's so cute! My daughter Hannah (2.5 yrs old) does the same thing...drops a few on the ground here and there, but that doesn't matter...lol. Also, when I don't have an empty laundry basket, I will just grab the whole load of dry laundry and have Hannah follow behind me picking up the pieces I drop. She's a really good helper (and yes, starting them while they're young seems to be working out for me).

I thought I'd let you know that I am changing my blog over to a new and improved one. The link is:

http://mhkvus.blogspot.com/

That will be my new one I'll be doing all my postings on (also my gardening blog, but I have been far to busy to post there, I guess I will start with post there this winter.)

Hope your doing well.

~M~

Anonymous said...

Yup, that was my error, too, not teaching my kid when he was small. Sigh. mt.

Robbyn said...

Oh these pictures are precious!! If you have her chopping wood by next year, I'll be really impressed, ha :)