Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vacation 2009, Lava Butte

In all the years we've been visiting Central Oregon the one place we had yet to visit was Lava Butte.

My husband had been up there when he was a youngster. But even though we drive by it every time we drive to Bend I had never been to the top.
I only saw it from the road.Once on top the view is amazing.
On one side is the road we drive by on. You can see how lush it is with the forest.
On the other side you really notice the barrenness left by the volcanoes from long, long ago.
There is a little crater at the top.We walked the trail that edges the crater top. The observation tower is visible at the very top.


Now that I've been to the top of Lava Butte, finally, I can actually say I've been there. I may never do it again, but at least I finally did go!

1 comment:

~M~ said...

Have you ever been to the Lava Beds National Park? I lived in Klamath Falls, Oregon and spent quite a few school trips and 4-H trips there. It really is a neat place. If you haven't been, I strongly recommend it. There is a lot of stuff to do there including tour Captain Jacks Stronghold and other historical bits.