Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vacation 2009, East Lake


One of the things the whole family did together was spend the afternoon at East Lake. The gang was split into two groups which then piled onto the two rented party boats. I'm not all that into fishing and I had brought a good book with me. I asked the group I was with to drop me off at "my" beach, which is on the opposite end of the lake from the docks.

The majority of the banks of the lake are very steep.

But "my" beach is very interesting. Here's the view from the beach looking out towards the lake. You can see the party boat that dropped me off is just left of center in the picture (click on the picture to enlarge).

Here's a shot of the beach from the water. (This was taken as I was being picked up a couple hours later.)

Behind the beach area, unseen from the lake, is another tiny little lake, more of a pond. It's very peaceful here.

Here's where I set up my stuff. This is from the big lake looking toward the little lake.

And here's from the little lake looking toward the big lake.

That's probably one of my favorite spots to go when we visit. If there is anyone else on the beach they're usually quite a ways away. Usually I'm totally by myself though. I get to put my music on my ears, pull my hat down, and read my book. If I get drowsy I simply take a nap. I know I'll get picked up in a little while and I'm away from the hustle and bustle. It's a good time for "me" time.

Here's the crew coming to pick me up.
Later, after I got picked up and we were cruising around the lake we noticed this cross etched into the rock. Click on the picture to see it better. It's on the dark rock directly in the middle of the picture. Makes you wonder why it is there.At one point the two young men jumped into the chilly water for a quick swim. That's my nephew in the front and my son (Wil) right behind him. Good practice for the Coast Guard! Brrr!

That was a good day.

The next day we had barbecued hamburgers and hotdogs at the Owner's Park and the following morning half the group left for home. We stayed one more night and then went west to spend one night in the Eugene area before heading south ourselves towards our home.

On the way home we spent some time driving around the Roseburg area. I think we may have found the location of where we would like to relocate to. We've been through this before but this is the first time my husband is actually looking at properties on line.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your pictures turned out so well! Mine
are all pretty so-so.
Can't wait to here more about Roseburg!!
Patti