Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hatch Update

It is now just after 9 pm. The chick did not seem to be making any progress so I decided to help it a little. I'm not sure if I should have or not. Various sites on the internet say it is possible to help. I didn't wait 24 hours because I was afraid it might not make it that long. It is still peeping so I take that as a good sign. What I did was very carefully and gently break the shell all around like it would have (should have). It is now sitting on a very damp paper towel to help with the humidity, which apparently is very important to helping the chick break out.

I hope I have happy news tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: