Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mosaic Projects

It's been a while since I did any mosaic projects and I was feeling decidedly uninspired. My friend Vicki suggested I do one or two easy things to get back in the mood and maybe I'd get influenced enough to get on track again.

She was right. I started off with this simple stepping stone with three intertwining strands. (Remember you can click on each picture to enlarge.)
I was feeling good about getting back into doing the mosaics again, even though the above design is really simple. But then I got kind of stuck again. I could have gone back to my hearts that I like to do, but I really wanted to try something different. Then it struck me: do crosses!

This is the first cross done on a stepping stone. Not real fancy but I like the colors.
Here's the second cross I did, this time on a piece of wood. As usual, the more I do the better they get. This one is about 8" X 8". I gave it to my boss at Hoffman Hospice because her dog just died and I know how difficult losing a pet can be.
I'm not quite done with the third one yet. I'll post a picture of it when it's finished.

My husband and I are leaving for the San Jose area tomorrow to attend a baby shower this weekend for our niece.

Have a nice weekend, all!

2 comments:

~M~ said...

Wow, they look really good. That last cross (the one you gave to your friend) is just amazing (they are really good). You are a talented lady! I just love seeing the stuff you can do with the tiles. Very impressed! I look forward to seeing what's to come!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift to give at such a sad
time in her life. And it truly is beautiful!!!
Keep with the crosses!!
Patti