Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

Early this morning we had a total lunar eclipse. When I heard on the news that it was going to happen I scrambled to try and figure out the proper settings for my camera. I ended up doing some quick research on the internet and got the info I needed. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it justice, but after fiddling around with my camera I finally got some halfway decent pictures.

You'd think by now I would know how to change the f-stop and film speed settings but I always relied on the automatic dial. Now I finally know how to do that. I feel kind of dumb thinking that when I put the dial on the "sports" mode it would automatically change the speed. I found out it's been on the "100" speed this whole time. Well I guess you learn something every day.

As it turns out it was supposed to be on the 100 film speed after all. These were taken at f/8 and 125 shutter speed. Of course I used my beloved trim to bring the moon even closer. The first two pictures are in black and white mode.







It is now 4:15 am and I've been up for 2 1/2 hours. I think I'll go back to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Very beautiful photos, and how diligent it is of you to have stayed up so late to capture them. My astronomy friends will be as thrilled as I, to see them and read your Blog.