Friday, August 31, 2007

Miscellanei


I was going to make a lemon-strawberry cheesecake yesterday and post it today, but the fruit stand guy was out of strawberries. I'll try sometime next week.

Carli came over to print a paper for her class. Last week she just started the Dental Assistant program. (I'll get a picture of her in her scrubs. She's so cute!) She had her first major exam yesterday and aced it! 100 %. Two people have already dropped out, and only one other person had a high score. The teacher's comments: STUDY! So anyway my husband decided to celebrate and despite Carli and my best efforts to persuade him to go out to eat (for some reason he has an aversion to that) we did order in from Marie Callender's. Of course we had to get a double cream blueberry pie for dessert, so that is why I didn't make the cheesecake. Could this be why I'm having so much trouble losing weight?

I went to the dentist yesterday for the ongoing crown thingy. My appointment was at 8:30 and I didn't get taken back until 9:05. Now, I know that's not uncommon for a regular doctor's appointment, but that's never happened to me at the dentist before. And especially so early in the morning. I was a little irritated about that but by the time I was finally finished (at 10:30!!) my good mood had returned. Two more weeks and I'll be getting my permanent crown.

It's been really hot and humid here this week. Maybe not so bad by east coast standards but we aren't used to this kind of humidity. It's rather energy sapping. It actually sprinkled here for about three minutes in the morning. The above picture is from yesterday's sunrise. I guess that's one good thing that came about from getting up early to go to the dentist!

Clyde is definitely going to training. I just have to figure out when. This weekend is Labor Day weekend and I don't want to be on the road for that mess. And Saturday also is opening day of Dove Season and my husband wants to participate in that. So this weekend is out. The following weekend is a big Bracco Gathering in San Diego and we still haven't decided 100% to go to that. It would be fun and I would like to go somewhere for a mini vacation but I suspect it's rather late to be making reservations now. We'll see about that one. I may end up taking Clyde myself for a quick turn-around trip to the trainer. We'll have to wait and see on that too.

I apologize for the dearth of farm related news. It's just a slow time right now. The animals are busy incubating, eating, and pooping. So in the mean time I'll continue to take my fascinating photographs and share a recipe now and then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the picture! It looks like it should be the cover of a church bulletin, with the light streaming accross the picture.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful picture!

K. Zema

Anonymous said...

A very nice picture, and a great example of crepuscular rays.


Larry (One of UofA's Astronomers)