Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Roadrunners

The mascot of Cal State University Bakersfield are the Roadrunners. Now I understand a little better why they have that mascot. I never used to see a lot of the funny little birds until I started walking on the bike path. But I see quite a few of them now, and they certainly don't allow me to get very close. I brought my camera with me the other day so I could try and get a few shots of them.

Getting ready to cross the path.
Made it to the river side.

Can't you just see the wheels turning in my little brain? I think I need one of those big giant zoom lenses now! Well, no. I don't have an extra $5,000 + laying around just now. I have to draw the line somewhere. Meanwhile I'll just use my little zoom as best I can and the in-camera trim.

Can't catch me now!

Beep beep!

No comments: