Sunday, November 25, 2007

This And That

I'll post a little something now since I'm not sure I'll be able to tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my first day babysitting and it's going to start with an early rising. She has her first appointment with the pediatrician at 8:15. Since her mom had her by c-section I'll have to go along to help with the "heavy lifting".

I may have panicked about the sheep a little early, but at least I got some things done. I got their barn all cleaned out and new straw laid down. I have a plan on how to divide the stalls in case more than one ewe lambs at the same time. Okay, I am ready for them.

It looks like Ladysmith may beat the sheep. Her back end is getting very puffy and that's a good sign that she'll be having her baby soon. I've been letting her out at night so in case she calves she can choose her own comfortable spot to have it. Her udder hasn't filled yet, but I've noticed on her that it seems to be a very last minute thing. Meanwhile I just keep an eye on her degree of puffiness.

I made a new mosaic stepping stone and I'm a lot happier with this one. I do see a little thing I should have done a little differently but it's no big deal. I really enjoy doing this stuff. I think I'm hooked! I wonder if I can talk Vicki into going with me to a class in Italy?

No comments: