Thursday, March 5, 2009

3of4 Has 2

Thanks again to my peripausal hormones gone amok I awoke this morning at 1:20 to fling the covers off of my poor sweaty and bloated self. After tossing about for a moment I realized I might as well get up. I took the opportunity to run out and check on the the sheep.


There was a fairly thick cloak of fog which dampened not only the usual highway noises but also made everything so wet it looked as if it had poured rain. I checked the sheep in the pen and patted the wet heads of Baby, Annabelle (the goat), and Ewenice. I found 3of4 in the open stall.

It was obvious that 3of4 had just delivered. Her two tiny boy lambs were still soaking wet and she still had the afterbirth dangling from her hinter regions. I snatched each lamb quickly from her vigorous licking efforts and iodined their navels before putting them back in front of her. Then I put fresh water in the bucket and closed off the stall from the remaining sheep and goat, who might be a little too curious.
This morning the fog was still about, so much so that I actually checked to see if there was a school fog delay (there wasn't). It has since burned off and it's looking to be another beautiful, if not chilly day.

Not that it matters anyway. Today my husband and I are headed for Monterey for a day, to meet up with his mom and sister, then on to the sister's home for one night before heading back. I have no doubts that Ewenice will deliver her baby(s) before we get home but I'm also sure that between my two kids they will be able to handle things.

So if all goes well I may be able to post some new pictures of some new sheep on Sunday.

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 will meet up with 2 and become 4, maybe more, in and after Monteray! Have a wonderful time, and congratulations to 3of4 on her beautiful 2.

Love, M