Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wind Wolves, March 29, 2009, Part 2

Today continues yesterday's day of photos from the Wind Wolves Preserve.

Starting off there were a lot of these brown beetles everywhere doing their best to help with the pollination.

If you look carefully at this picture you'll see my least favorite bug of all, an arachnid. This one has a fairly large body with very long, very thin legs. Ech!!!!

Here's a not very good picture of a ground squirrel.

And speaking of not very good pictures here is a King Bird, probably Western or Cassin's.
And speaking of birds, this is a really good shot of a Western Meadow Lark. This bird was cooperating with me by not moving a lot, which is why the picture turned out better than the other bird.
And finally here are a few pictures of the area in general, some showing better color from the wildflowers than others. You can almost get an idea of how it might look if you were to be there at the peak wildflower time.




Right now everything is still fairly green. It won't be long before it all turns brown though. I'll have to try and remember to get out there earlier next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures. I'm remembering our get together last year at WW. Thank you.

Love,
LC

Anonymous said...

Like L.C., I also have fond memories of Wind Wolves Preserve, and find your photos to be beautiful. Love, M

pam said...

So we are planning this trip to California... and it's still massively in the development stages. It was to be strictly northern Ca. because of time, but when I see these pictures... well, it makes me want to venture some to the south! Anyhow, I just want to say I do enjoy your photos.