Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Black Beauty

My sister came over yesterday to bring me yogurt made from the last gallon of sheep's milk. No, she is not the black beauty from the title of this post. But while she was here I loaded her up with zucchini and patty pan squash and then showed her the tiny apples on my tiny apple trees.

But much to my dismay there was only one apple! It was the gala. The fuji apple had disappeared! In this picture, the place of attachment was right in the middle. If you click on the picture you can probably see where the apple used to be. I have no idea what happened to it and I am very crushed that it's gone. :-(
To make up for my deep disappointment the black beauty eggplant is coming on strong.
They aren't really black, but a deep purple, and they certainly are beautiful!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The eggplants certainly are Black Beauties.

Love, M

I'm sorry your apple disappeared; sometimes waiting, though an exercise in patience, is well worth the effort! : )