Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Squash Hat Society

I'll bet you've never heard of the Squash Hat Society. It's a super secret club with only a few select members. Carli and Wil joined back in 1994 I believe... They were the charter members. Until recently the only members.
This past weeked the baby became the newest member.
The club has come a long way since the original founders created it. Now there are certificates available.
You too can join the Secret Order of the Squash Hat Society! It's so easy to join. Simply grow any type of squash until it's big enough to carve out and place on a person's head. Although the feather decoration is not required it is highly encouraged (click on the top picture to see the feather better!). Squash hands are for fun only!

If you'd like to have an inductee's photo on my blog attach a jpeg photo to an email along with their pertinant information and I'll post it here. If you'd also like a certificate (suitable for framing) include a virtual $5.00 and it will be sent right out by me, the chairman of the Squash Hat Inductee Team.

You know what they say... the Squash Hat Inductee Team happens!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as Squash Hat Heads go, those are 3 cute
members!! I just love seeing the old pictures of the kids, and yes I too did odd things with my veggie garden items to the kids, usually sticking out of pants.
Enlarged the picture of the newest, that is one huge molar, hope that didn't hurt her too much coming in!
Is all your dental work done??
Patti

tina f. said...

The worst is over (I think). That last thing was the base which is the part that goes into the bone. In two months I'm supposed to get the post, then I can get the crown put on the post and I should be done after that!

Anonymous said...

Do you actually have to grow your own??? We can't do that. We may cheat and go buy one.

That picture is priceless! CC says she has a very cute cousin. Adorable.

Love, LC

Anonymous said...

I want to join! Just have to find a suitable squash. I'll send my virtual induction fee asap.
: ))
mt