Friday, June 12, 2009

Hart Park Peacocks

My husband told me the peacocks at Hart Park were doing their breeding displays and I thought it might be cool if I could catch them in action. As it turns out I only got the one (above) displaying and he unfortunately was in the shade.
My trip wasn't totally in vain though because I still got a few shots of the birds. Their peacock blue is really stunning and the photos just don't do their brilliance justice.
This was a beautiful male. Unfortunately he was in the shade. Look at his gorgeous train. I did enhance it just a little so it was more visible.
These three played ring around the tree trunk for at least five minutes or more. It was kind of funny! Silly birds!
And this peahen is all white! I'm not sure if she is a true albino because her eyes are not pink. She kind of looks like a turkey.
And finally today I leave you with a closer shot of a male. He was sitting on top of a tall cyclone fence. I just can't get enough of that blue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! Absolutely stunning. I consider these to be "birds of Paradise", but understand that their mating calls can be rather unheavenly annoying.

Love, M

Anonymous said...

The blue looks like the glow in the dark paint! They are so healthy looking, the ones up at the S.F. Zoo look nothing like your boys!!
Patti