Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Easy Strawberry Pie

On our way home from the coast on Saturday we stopped by one of the numerous produce stands along the side of the road. Strawberry season is now! We bought a half flat of the beautiful red berries.

I had made a strawberry pie before and wanted to make another. I didn't feel like cooking anything up though, so this one is very a la Sandra Lee. Sandra Lee is the host of Food Networks "Semi-Homemade", where she uses about half homemade items and half already to use items and makes it all appear like she's been slaving over a hot stove all day even though it really only takes a short while for most everything. Wow! What a sentence. Anyway, for this pie everything is already made and all you do is a little mixing and putting together.

I started with an already made Nilla wafers crust (you could use graham crackers too), an eight ounce package of cream cheese (softened), a jar of marshmallow puff (oh-so-good for you--not!), a package of Marie's strawberry topping, and a couple of baskets of washed and hulled strawberries.

The first thing is to mix the cream cheese and marshmallow puff stuff together. I may have mentioned this in a previous post somewhere (I don't remember) but just alone this cream cheese/marshmallow puff mixture is a great dip for strawberries.

Spread the mixture in the bottom of your already made crust. Place the washed and hulled strawberries on top, pour the strawberry topping over everything and refrigerate for at least an hour.

To serve I just made a little whipped cream to dollop on top. In the keeping it simple mode you could squirt it with whip cream in a can.

Trust me, it's tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my mouth is watering!! I could use a slice right now, I promise I wouldn't even ask for dinner!! I have never made that fluff/cr.cheese mixture, but I will try it!
Patti

Anonymous said...

Oooh La La! Delectable! I'll try it out for a friend's birthday!

Love, M