Friday, October 2, 2009

Grass Fire, Deer, And Turkeys

As we got closer to the coast yesterday we could see a plume of smoke rising from the area of Cambria, right for where we were headed! Uh oh!

As we neared town we could actually see the fire from the road. It was a small grass fire.
Fortunately it wasn't a big fire and it was put out in short order. There were two of these planes flying around the area of the fire until it was out.
Since my friend Vicki lives near the edge of town it seems there is a lot of wildlife that visits the area. Here's a few deer passing by on the road.


And there's always a few turkeys strolling by too.

I wonder if they realize Thanksgiving is just around the corner?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a ball!
I had to tell you I just went on a website, I loved this photographer from up by Napa, oh my goodness you could so do this, go to her site (vitadolcephotography.com) I liked the little praying mantis one, BUCKS! These are all pictures I see in your blog already!!!
Patti