Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Talented People

I have made a few hypertufa pots, and I give myself credit for getting my friends involved. Little did I know what I was starting!

My friend Vicki and her husband have been going hog wild with making the hypertufa pots. Once they got the basics down they started embellishing the pots with carved designs and most spectacularly adding shells to the outside.

Here are just a few examples. This is a two tiered pot that fits on the rail of the porch.


I love this little feature! It's a drainage hole that incorporates the shells in a unique way.

Some more rail pots.
A "regular" pot.
Two pots on either side of the front door. After this picture was taken the existing plants were replaced with matching golden cypress. (The other pot on the right was a purchased pot.)

I only hope that one of these days I'll be able to make something so beautiful too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right someday, you have made such beautiful pieces of art!! You were sure a great teacher, they did an amazing job, they need to pitch that store bought pot it brings the porch down!
Patti

~M~ said...

Neat. I will have to check out the "link" about the pots. Thanks for sharing. Maybe that can be something I can make for our new place. Great post as always!

~M~