Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Deviled Egg Eyeballs

This weekend I made an appetizer and a desert for this month's bunco. For the appetizers I made my deviled eggs and tried to make them look like eyeballs.
I sliced black olives and put them in the middle to represent the iris. I cut cilantro leaves down the center and carefully placed them on the top to represent the eyelashes. I always like to have a half regular/half hot mix of deviled eggs, so on half of the eggs I sprinkled chipotle chili powder. It kind of looks like bloodshot eyes.
This is about as Martha Stewart-ish that I get.

(Stay tuned for pumpkin cheesecake recipe!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are my two picks, appetizers and desserts! I could use a couple of eyes right now, they look so yummy! And can't wait to see your cheesecake!!! I will go eat some crackers now and it is not the same!!
Patti