Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Inedible Salty Chicken

My sister made this chicken for me a few years ago. She recently borrowed it to show an art teacher and we also took some photos at the same time. I thought it would be a good excuse to show you all too.
Do you recognize the medium? (The hint is in the title of this post.)
It was carved out of a block of iodized salt (as in what you give to horses or cows). She borrowed my Dremel tool to do the carving. Of course it ended up ruining that particular tool because the salt corroded it, but I ended up getting the Roto Zip which I absolutely adore!
This is the only chicken I allow in my house.

2 comments:

~M~ said...

I love it! I am a chicken/rooster fan and that is a very clever idea. I recognized that it was a salt block right away. How neat! I wish I had one of my own...lol! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB, MT! Love, M