Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy Day

Today was a busy, busy day for me.

When I woke up the first one hour I spent on the computer and then reading the paper.

Then I went out to feed the animals. Their water was really low so I started filling their troughs. I knew that would take some time so I started mowing the far back yard. While I mowed I had to stop twice to change the water to other troughs.

When I was done with that I picked up the dog potties, which wasn't too bad because there weren't a lot.

After that it was time to give Gus his bath because this was our day to visit the old folks' home.

Then I got on the treadmill for one hour.

When that hour was up it was 12:00 and time for lunch so I cooled off and had a light lunch for about thirty minutes.

Then it was time to start working on the wet bar area. It had a mirror with gold flecking (very 70's!) on the back wall and the those walls had never been painted. I had carefully removed the mirrors yesterday and found they had been glued with some sort of black tarry substance. The sander didn't work on those blobs so I ended up chiseling them off. In spots where the blobs stuck to the mirror they ended up ripping some of the wallboard off. I had some light spackle and attempted to fill the holes with that. After sanding I did two coats of primer. This morning the wall didn't look very good and I decided I was going to fix it like I originally thought I should have, which means giving the whole thing a coat of joint compound. But by the time I was ready to start I knew it was too late to go to the home improvement store so I spent the next two hours painting the trim, corners, and edges.

At 2:30 I stopped painting and cleaned everything up.

Then it was time to clean myself up. I took a nice bath and started getting ready for Gus and my visit. I left the house at 3:35, went on the visit, and got back home right around 5 pm.

Then it was off to the home improvement store to get the joint compound. And of course while I'm there I can't just get one thing so I browsed a bit and got a few more things. I got home around six and started right in on spreading the joint compound over the back wall. I finished up about 45 minutes later when my sister called.

I had forgotten that after my visit I was supposed to go to her house to taste some cheese we had made a few weeks ago. I went over to her house for the cheese and stayed and talked for a while. I left at eight, came home and fed the animals, then fed myself and here I sit typing.

Whew! I'm done for the day!

Tomorrow I'll sand the wall, prime it again, and then paint. Hopefully that won't take too long and I might even be able to hang the new "modern" mirror by evening.

And just changing the subject a little bit...

Here's a picture of our model baby sporting the latest in trendy diaper fashions.

Pretty cool, huh!


Anonymous said...

It is almost 10pm, I am hoping you have been sleeping for about 2 hours already! That was some day!! But I do love those days, I always have lists and I actually cross them out as I do them, and if I do something not on the list, I add it and then cross it off! Can you say anal!

~M~ said...

Busy, busy day! Have you been taking pictures as you go on this most recent home improvement project? It think you are making a good decision by replacing the "70's mirror and making it more modern. It'll help with potential buyers big time!

Those diapers are so darn cute! If I had those for Hannah I would definitely had her sport them!

Take care....