Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tomato Tarts/Lemonade Pie

We subscribe to a great magazine called "Cuisine At Home". It is full of great hints, tips, suggestions, and best of all a lot of really great recipes that are delicious and easy to make. When I saw the Tomato Tarts in the August 2010 issue I knew I had to make them.
I'm not going to give the recipe here because I think you should subscribe to the magazine and mostly because I don't feel like it right now. (Sorry, but I'm tired from all this cleaning and painting, etc.) Basically it simply involves puff pastry, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, herbed goat cheese (I used Rondele because I don't care a lot for goat cheese).
From the same issue I also made the Lemonade Pie.
This pie is an easy ice cream pie with a Nilla Wafer crust and a berry swirl on top.
Absolutely perfect for a hot summer day!
These were just two of the many easy and yummy recipes from one issue. If you're into cooking at all I really recommend this magazine. Maybe I'll share the recipes another time, but not right now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed you, you have got to take a breathier one of these days! But the cooking demo looked fantastic, I liked the switch in the cheese in the tart, I'll bet both were very well received! Hope you are not wearing your self out too much!!!
Patti